Hi everyone,
We had a great Christmas vacation. We visited my parents, Brice, Breann and Hazel, Hannah and Andrew and Craig, Heidi, Owen and Kent.
On Christmas day we walked down to Temple square with Craig and his family and enjoyed all the lights. It was a bit cold, but the snow added a nice touch.
While everyone was at my parents, we decided it would be nice to have a picture of four generations of Johnson boys.
We then went down to Prove for a few days. We had a good time when we went to dinner with Martin and Cindy. Their girls like to torment Craig and Brice (or vice versa) and loved to play with Hazel.
We went to the dollar movie in Provo. Later we watched 'Contagion' on DVD and spent the remainder of our vacation washing our hands.
Thanks to everyone for hosting our trip.
Lucinda received a Kindle Fire for Christmas. As part of her present I decided to put her book, "Letters from India", on it. We printed the book through Blurb for the hard copy. One of Blurbs's options as to make a PDF file. That was easy but a PDF file didn't work. Shrinking a picture book size book down to a kindle size made it really difficult to read. Another option was to create a file for an I-Pod - that didn't work either. Then I opened the book file with WordPad and found out that I could almost read in the XLM code. So, I transferred the file to XCEL where I wrote a macro to take out most of the extraneous code and was left with plain text. Unfortunately, the original book file did not have the text in sequence as their program put it in order (what were they thinking?) So I had to reorder the text. Finally, I added a few HTML tags so that the Kindle could read the book. Did I tell you that all the pictures were in the wrong place? I only fixed about 1/2 the pictures. Maybe next Christmas I can give mom a present of her book with pictures.
Love,
Dad



No comments:
Post a Comment