Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone! Mom and I visited Grandma Wright last week. We spent time with Julia and her family. Plus as an added bonus - Amber and Spencer and their family drove up. We had lots of fun . . .

. . . including a 5k race in Frederick. Lucinda, Amber and I with 3,200 of our closest friends participated. Amber and I ran, mom walked. I was 36th in my age group, mom was 37th. All of my effort was worth just one place. Amber was further back in her, much larger and more competative, age group. We had a good time. It was really interesting racing with so many people. I might have been a bit sore after the race.

I watched Amber and Spencer's children while Amber, Spencer and Lucinda went through the temple. It was cold and windy but we had a good time. The children enjoyed the nature walk around the grounds and the movie 'Pioneer Miracle' in the visitors center.

On Friday we visited the zoo. It brought back lots of memories. We expecially liked the orangatans as they walked across the wires from one building to the next. Of course, there were lions and tigers and bears, snakes and lizards and lots and lots of people.

We had a very good Thanksgiving dinner with enough left over for the next day.

We stopped and Matt and Emily's both going and coming to spend the night. Their children have lots of energy.

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment