Did I mention in our last post that we were stranded at Great Falls overnight? The airplane had mechanical problems. No big deal, but airlines sure do test one's patience. The airlines did give us vouchers for hotel and meals. We ended up flying via Denver and Dallas on our way to Iowa.
This summer I published a book - actually I published the same book twice. I collated all the blog posts from India, added pictures and put them all in a book. I wanted to do the printing myself. We would have required a new printer, a page folder and a book press but it sounded fun to me. My plan was vetoed and I published the book through 'Blurb' instead. It was a very painful process as Blurb supplies their own program which I had to learn, was not intuitive and was slow and cumbersome. If that wasn't enough, it doesn't even have dahl masala in the dictionary.
When the first book arrived, Brice took one look at it and exclaimed that I had used the wrong font. I used the 'official' John Deere email font which should have been good enough. But no, I used a sans serif font when I should have used a serif font. Lucinda took one look at the book and said that the pictures were too small. Oh well. Changing the font and increasing the picture size took most of the summer. Anyway, there are only two copies in print. When you come and visit we'll show you the book. (You could visit Hannah who has the original copy, but be prepared to seeing the wrong font and small pictures.)
Brice and Breann left yesterday for BYU. Brice's internship in Waterloo went well. He is not sure, however, that he wants to write software for John Deere.
This week Craig and Heidi plan to move to Peoria. Craig got a good job at Caterpillar. Many thanks to Matt for helping him find the job.
We really enjoyed having everyone live with us. It was great to have a chance to 1. Get to know Craig and Brice as adults and 2. Get to know their wives. We really like Heidi and Breann. That being said, no one else should feel obligated to come and live with us so we can get to know them better;)
That's it for this week.
Love,
Dad
p.s - Below is a picture of the zip line. Can you get feel yourself plummeting down the moutain?
p.s.s - More wedding pictures, including mom and I making bouquets can be seen at http://silly-willeys.blogspot.com/
![]() |
| Zip lining down the mountain |


No comments:
Post a Comment