Our house is empty. The movers came a week ago Saturday and packed up all of Craig and Heidi's worldly possessions. Last Sunday morning Craig and Heidi left bright and early for Peoria. Lucinda and I went back to bed after they left. When we woke up, no one was here and all their things had disappeared. It was sad to see the empty bedrooms. First Brice and Breann left, and now Craig and Heidi. Oh well, its time to break out the ice cream and watch an old episode of 'The New Yankee Workshop.'
Last weekend was a hard one for me. Two Fridays ago, they had an going away party for Craig and Heidi and the Freestones (Ben was transferred to Sioux City). Saturday I spend the day at Camp Igawanis for cub scout day camp. On Saturday night there was a wedding reception for Danny Stern. (Yes, Dan Stern) On Sunday, I had to teach the Gospel Doctrine class. And on Monday, my boss's boss wanted any update on my project at work. (Most everything is going well on my project, except that we have one part that likes to crack. We might be taking a trip to Germany and visit the supplier.)
On Tuesday Lucinda taught one session of homemaking meeting. The night was devoted to journaling. Not nearly as many came to the journaling meeting as did the salsa meeting. Wonder why? I'm sure that she did a good job. She showed them her 33 years of weekly journals, the CD containing the scanned journals and our book, Letters from India. She enjoyed the class but was a little disappointed that more people didn't come.
Pack meeting was last Thursday - you missed lots of fun games.
We are thinking of buying new windows for the house. I'm struggling with the thought, new windows or a new Corvette. They are about the same price.
Yesterday, we started going through the house, room by room, to give it a good cleaning. My workshop creates a lot of dust that goes all through the house.
Today I teach the High Priest's group. It's an interesting class. All I have to do is come up with one good question and then let the class take care of itself.
Lucinda and I are doing fine.
Love,
Dad
We vote for the new corvette! You have to get over your sad loneliness somehow...
ReplyDelete